OUI / RMV License Suspensions
You can't win unless your attorney is experienced and knows what they are doing.
As the former Director of Enforcement at the RMV and a former member of the Motor Vehicle Board of Appeals, Attorney Eddie Jenkins has the experience needed to handle your OUI cases.
You may have heard people refer to "drunk driving" as DUI, DWI, or OUI. In Massachusetts, the official charge applying to operating under the influence of alcohol and /or illegal drugs is Operating Under the Influence, or OUI. Massachusetts state law can be confusing and is frequently changing with recent upward trends in penalties. The unknown outcome of any pending OUI charges can be frightening and scary for anyone facing these serious charges. You might wonder what happens next? Will I go to jail? What kind of penalties am I facing?
Time is of the essence, if you have been arrested or charged with an OUI and if you delay hiring an attorney you may risk missing an opportunity to minimize the penalties. 617.238.5215
If you were arrested for Operating Under the Influence (OUI), these are the facts that will affect your winning the case and/or license restoration:
- Officer's observations for stopping you
- Field sobriety test
- Booking photographs or videos
- Blood test
- Whether there was an accident and/or 3rd party observation
- Prior offenses
- Whether there was a refusal
Note: Whether you win or lose, the RMV will take further action if there is a refusal.
RMV Suspensions(s) - Hardship Licenses
- Immediate threat
- Habitual traffic offender (HTO)
- Refusal to take breathalyzer
Note: Some of these are statutory suspensions, but it is usually impossible to navigate this territory alone because you will have to go before a hearing officer and board of appeals.
Frequently Asked Questions
- If I have just been arrested for DUI for the first time when can I get my license back from the courts and what actions will the RMV take?
- What if it wasn't my first offense?
- What if I have been accused of refusing to take the breathalyzer and am charged with chemical test refusal (CTR)?
- How much time do I have to appeal?
- What is a Hardship License and how do I know if I am eligible to apply?
- What if I have a previous CTR conviction or convictions, what are my chances of obtaining a Hardship License?
- If my license has been suspended for being a habitual traffic offender, what are my options?
- If my license was suspended for immediate threat or immediate threat medical, what can I do to get my license back?
- If I made a mistake and used false information on my driver's license application and I am facing a hearing before the RMV Fraud Unit or have been suspended by the RMV for using false information, what should I do?
For answers to these questions or others you may have please contact us immediately! 617.238.5215
Learn More About Our Driving Under / OUI Verdicts
By using this website you agree to the following information:
DISCLAIMER: This website has been established for informational purposes only and is not to be considered a resource of legal advice. In no way, does the information found on this site constitute an attorney client relationship. No Confidentiality: You may not use this website to provide confidential information about a legal matter of yours to the Firm. Your use of this website does not make you a client of the firm or even a prospective client of the Firm. If you have confidential information that you would like to give to any lawyer at the Firm, please communicate with one of the Firm's lawyers in person or by telephone not by filling in any form on this website or by sending an unsolicited email to the Firm or any of its lawyers. Important Note: Use of this website does not create an attorney client relationship. You will become a client of the Firm only if and when you sign an engagement agreement setting forth the scope of the Firm's engagement, the fee arrangement and other relevant matters. No Guarantee of Results: Some of the case summaries, reviews, and reports of past results on this website describe past matters handled for clients of the Firm. These descriptions are meant only to provide information to the public about the activities and experience of our lawyers. They are not intended as a guarantee that the same or similar results can be obtained in every matter undertaken by our lawyers. You must not assume that a similar result can be obtained in a legal matter of interest to you. The outcome of a particular matter can depend on a variety of factors-including the specific factual and legal circumstances, the ability of opposing counsel, and, often, unexpected developments beyond the control of any client or lawyer. Links to Third Party Websites: As a convenience, this website may provide links to various third-party websites. Such linked websites are not under the control of the Firm, and the Firm assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of the contents of such websites.